GO! Arts Program Support
The GO! Arts Program Grant supports efforts which bring the performing, visual, and interdisciplinary arts into traditionally underserved communities of Fort Worth.
To be eligible to receive funding from the Arts Council of Fort Worth Grants Program, an applicant organization must:
- be a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt nonprofit in good standing with IRS and up to date with Form 990 filings;
- be a nonprofit arts organization whose primary mission is the presentation or production of artistic programming;
- have a physical headquarters located within the City of Fort Worth (PO Boxes are unacceptable);
- demonstrate active operations and a history of at least 2 consecutive years of related program offerings within the City of Fort Worth;
- have a salaried full-time or part-time (15-20 hours per week) administrator that is responsible for and authorized to address the contractual obligations of the Arts Council Cultural Contract and the business management of the organization (artist fees and honorariums do not satisfy paid staffing requirements);
- compensate salaried staff at a rate no less than the federal minimum wage at the time of grant submission;
- have an organizational budget of $50,000 or more; and
- meet all compliance measures and be in good standing with the Arts Council Grants Program.
Ineligible applicants include:
- academic institutions and/or their affiliated arts groups;
- fiscal sponsors; or
- former Arts Council grant recipients with overdue, unacceptable, or falsified reports.
Grant recipients will to the programs. Grant recipients will also demonstrate a strong commitment to outcome-based goals and reaching those which most lack other resources for art experiences.
Programs eligible for GO! Arts funding must:
- be single, stand-alone outreach programs;
- go into underserved communities;
- demonstrate inclusiveness of racially, culturally, and economically diverse participants as appropriate;
- take place outside of the organization’s home base of operations and/or usual performance venue;
- demonstrably attract the target audience;
- take place within the city limits of Fort Worth; and
- be offered at no cost to program participants. (Organizations may charge a nominal fee to eligible venues).
- GO! Arts supported programs may not be presented as part of ‘Career Day’ or like programs.
- Only Title 1 FWISD schools may be served for in-school programming. A list of Title 1 FWISD schools can be found at http://www.artsfortworth.org/apply/.
Suggested venues include:
- community centers;
- places of worship;
- senior centers;
- Title 1 FWISD schools;
- Boys & Girls Clubs; and
- therapeutic centers.
In very rare circumstances, organizations may make a case for utilizing their own venue. In this case, an organization must demonstrate that their venue is fundamental to the artistic experience and that transportation is provided as part of the program, such as providing buses for school programs. Venue exception requests must be made in writing to the Arts Council a minimum of 3 weeks prior to the grant deadline. A written decision will be sent to the applicant within five working days from receipt. Requests should be emailed to email@example.com.
Special consideration will be given to organizations who demonstrate a thoughtful approach and focused outreach to the most underserved in our community. For example, Title 1 schools which due to location or other factors may not be receiving the same level of arts outreach opportunities as other schools in the district. Organizations should also consider citizens of all ages and abilities.
|Grant Applications Open||June 5, 2019|
|Mandatory Applicant Training Meeting||June 11, 2019, 9:00 AM–12:00 PM
Fort Worth Community Arts Center
|Application Deadline||July 31, 2019, 4:00 PM|
|Period of Performance Begins||October 1, 2019|
|Award Notification||November 2019|
|Q1 Service Report Deadline||January 8, 2020, 4:00 PM|
|Q2 Service Report Deadline||April 8, 2020, 4:00 PM|
|Q3 Service Report Deadline||July 8, 2020, 4:00 PM|
|Period of Performance Ends||September 30, 2020|
|Q4 Service Report & Final Report Deadlines||October 7, 2020, 4:00 PM|
Mandatory Applicant Training Meeting
All applicant organizations must send a representative to the Mandatory Training Meeting. Training participants will walk through the grant guidelines with Arts Council grant program staff, paying special attention to updates and changes. Up to 2 individuals from each organization may attend. Light refreshments will be served and parking at the Western Heritage Garage will be validated. To register, click here.
For full 2019/2020 Operating Support Grant Guidelines, click here.
|Grant Applications Open||June 1, 2018|
|Mandatory Applicant Training Meeting||June 6, 2018|
|Application Deadline||July 30, 2018, 11:59 PM|
|Period of Performance Begins||October 1, 2018|
|Award Notification||November 2018|
|Q1 Service Report Deadline||January 4, 2019, 4:00 PM|
|Q2 Service Report Deadline||April 5, 2019, 4:00 PM|
|Q3 Service Report Deadline||July 5, 2019, 4:00 PM|
|Period of Performance Ends||September 30, 2019|
|Q4 Service Report & Final Report Deadlines||October 4, 2019, 4:00 PM|
For full 2018/2019 Operating Support Grant Guidelines, click here.
For more information about GO! Arts Program Support Grants, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
GO! Arts Program Support Grants are generously funded by the City of Fort Worth.