Art gives back. Providing funding and leadership for the arts since 1963
The Arts Council programs are designed to:
- foster artistic excellence
- increase artistic productivity and creativity
- develop processes that nurture artists and arts organizations
- educate the public population on the contribution of the arts to community development
- increase accessibility to the arts throughout the community
- encourage wider participation in artistic activities
- reflect the cultural diversity of our community
In 2018, 33 local cultural organizations received support for general operations and special projects that went on to serve over 1 million residents and visitors throughout Fort Worth.
Of that number, over 72,000 local youth from under-served areas of our community were exposed to the arts through projects funded by the Arts Council’s Neighborhood Arts Program.
Thanks to the generosity of our donors and partners, in total we distributed over $1.1 million in grant funds to local cultural organizations last year…and we can’t wait to see the tremendous impact made by the arts in our community in the years to come!