Operating Support Grants provide core mission support through unrestricted funding to established nonprofit arts organizations for general operations, administration, and programming costs incurred during the grant year.
To be eligible to receive funding from the Arts Council of Fort Worth Grants Program, an applicant organization must:
- be a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt nonprofit in good standing with IRS and up to date with Form 990 filings;
- be a nonprofit arts organization whose primary mission is the presentation or production of artistic programming;
- have a physical headquarters located within the City of Fort Worth (PO Boxes are unacceptable);
- demonstrate active operations and a history of at least 2 consecutive years of related program offerings within the City of Fort Worth;
- have a salaried full-time or part-time (15-20 hours per week) administrator that is responsible for and authorized to address the contractual obligations of the Arts Council Cultural Contract and the business management of the organization (artist fees and honorariums do not satisfy paid staffing requirements);
- compensate salaried staff at a rate no less than the federal minimum wage at the time of grant submission; and
- meet all compliance measures and be in good standing with the Arts Council Grants Program.
Ineligible applicants include:
- academic institutions and/or their affiliated arts groups;
- fiscal sponsors; or
- former Arts Council grant recipients with overdue, unacceptable, or falsified reports.
Eligible uses for Operating Support funding include:
- administrative staff salaries;
- artistic salaries/fees;
- office supplies;
- production costs;
- facility rentals;
- marketing, printing, and other administrative costs; and
- outreach & education.
Ineligible uses of funding include:
- scholarships, purchase awards, or cash prizes;
- capital improvements, endowments, construction, or real property;
- debt reduction, interest on loans, fines, penalties, or costs of litigation;
- benefits or special events planned primarily for fundraising;
- sub-granting programs;
- activities for which college or university students receive academic credit;
- financing of political activities; or
- programming that is made inaccessible to any audience member based on gender, race, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
|Grant Applications Open||June 5, 2019|
|Mandatory Applicant Training Meeting||June 11, 2019, 9:00 AM–12:00 PM
Fort Worth Community Arts Center
|Application Deadline||July 31, 2019, 4:00 PM|
|Period of Performance Begins||October 1, 2019|
|Award Notification||November 2019|
|Q1 Service Report Deadline||January 8, 2020, 4:00 PM|
|Q2 Service Report Deadline||April 8, 2020, 4:00 PM|
|Q3 Service Report Deadline||July 8, 2020, 4:00 PM|
|Period of Performance Ends||September 30, 2020|
|Q4 Service Report & Final Report Deadlines||October 7, 2020, 4:00 PM|
Mandatory Applicant Training Meeting
All applicant organizations must send a representative to the Mandatory Training Meeting. Training participants will walk through the grant guidelines with Arts Council grant program staff, paying special attention to updates and changes. Up to 2 individuals from each organization may attend. Light refreshments are served and parking at the Western Heritage Garage is validated. To reserve your spot, click here.
For full 2019/2020 Operating Support Grant Guidelines, click here.
|Grant Applications Open||June 1, 2018|
|Mandatory Applicant Training Meeting||June 6, 2018|
|Application Deadline||July 30, 2018, 11:59 PM|
|Period of Performance Begins||October 1, 2018|
|Award Notification||November 2018|
|Q1 Service Report Deadline||January 4, 2019, 4:00 PM|
|Q2 Service Report Deadline||April 5, 2019, 4:00 PM|
|Q3 Service Report Deadline||July 5, 2019, 4:00 PM|
|Period of Performance Ends||September 30, 2019|
|Q4 Service Report & Final Report Deadlines||October 4, 2019, 4:00 PM|
For full 2018/2019 Operating Support Grant Guidelines, click here.
For more information about Operating Support Grants, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Operating Support Grants are generously funded by the City of Fort Worth.