Fort Worth Public Improvement District Cultural Initiatve Grant
The purpose of the Fort Worth Tourist Public Improvement District (FWTPID) Cultural Initiative Grant is to provide marketing and promotional funding to arts and cultural organizations which promote and enhance the visibility of Fort Worth as an overnight destination to their patrons. The funded initiative can be a single event, season or annual calendar of events.
History & Objective
In August 2017, the City of Fort Worth authorized the Tourist Public Improvement District 18 to enhance the visibility of Fort Worth as a convention and visitor destination and thereby increasing tourism-related economic activity. Benefiting directly from FWTPID activities, funding for the project is a 2% per guest room revenue assessment by all hotels in Fort Worth with 100 or more rooms. As part of the FWTPID efforts, the Tourism Public Improvement District authorized a community arts grant program through Visit Fort Worth.
The FWTPID Cultural Initiative Grant is administered through the Arts Council of Fort Worth on behalf of Visit Fort Worth.
To be eligible to receive funding from the FWTPID Grant, an applicant organization must:
- be a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt nonprofit in good standing with IRS and up to date with Form 990 filings; and
- provide arts programming or present cultural events within the City of Fort Worth.
FWTPID Grant funds can be used to support marketing efforts for initiatives, so long as:
- the applicant can verify a minimum of 100 hotel room nights associated with their initiative utilizing Room Night Estimation guidelines;
- all verified hotel room nights are booked within in the Fort Worth City Limits;
- the initiative is culturally based and attracts patrons from outside of a 50 mile radius of Fort Worth;
- Applicant must demonstrate an intent to retain and grow the number of overnight visitors to Fort Worth through their initiative
- Applicant must demonstrate marketing and promotions to communities outside of the 50 mile radius of Fort Worth with the intent to increase the visibility of Fort Worth as an overnight destination
|Grant Applications Open||July 3, 2019|
|Application Deadline||August 14, 2019, 4:00 PM|
|Period of Performance Begins||October 1, 2019|
|Award Notification||October 2019|
|Period of Performance Ends||September 30, 2020|
|Final Report Deadline||October 14, 2020, 4:00 PM|
Mandatory Conference for New Applicants
All applicants who have not previously completed a pre-application conference for the FWTPID are required to participate in a brief one-on-one orientation no later than one week prior to the grant submission deadline. Organizations who completed this conference for a prior cycle are exempt. The conference is designed to help each applicant identify the best Room Night Estimation methodology for their specific initiative.
In order to accommodate all schedules, conferences are available via telephone but must be completed by August 7th for your organization to be considered for this grant – there will be no exceptions.
To schedule a conference, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Conference appointments will be confirmed via email.
For full 2019/2020 Operating Support Grant Guidelines, click here.
|Grant Applications Open||July 1, 2018|
|Application Deadline||August 13, 2018|
|Period of Performance Begins||October 1, 2018|
|Award Notification||October 15, 2018|
|Period of Performance Ends||September 30, 2019|
|Final Report Deadline||October 4, 2019, 4:00 PM|
For full 2018/2019 Operating Support Grant Guidelines, click here.
For more information about FWTPID Cultural Initative Grants, please contact email@example.com.
FWTPID Cultural Initiative Grants are generously funded by Visit Fort Worth and the Fort Worth Public Improvement District.