Interested in working with the Arts Council of Fort Worth? Check out our opportunities below:
Arts Council Executive Assistant
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees all day-to-day operations of the program, including scheduling, information dissemination, outreach, and technical assistance provision
- Displays excellent written and oral communications skills
- Demonstrates strong detail orientation
- Possesses the ability to effectively multitask under pressure in a fast-paced, customer-focused environment
- Demonstrates discernment in working with individuals and organizations
- Solicits customer feedback to improve service
- Meets commitments and deadlines
- Adapts to change in the work environment and manages competing demands
- Includes appropriate people in the decision-making process and makes timely decisions
- Prioritizes and plans work activities and uses time efficiently
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
- Ability to calculate figures and work with matrix systems to determine grant awards
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Provides technical and developmental assistance to non-profit arts organizations
- Develops and revises grants guidelines annually as needed
- Manages the panel process, including the selection and orientation of panelists, scheduling and conducting panel meetings
- Conducts grant award follow-up, including grant notification, program monitoring, and auditing, and contract compliance
- Serves as liaison to arts organizations on behalf of the Arts Council of Fort Worth
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent, from accredited college or university with major coursework in arts management, art history, humanities or closely related field.
- A minimum of five years in arts administration or related field.
- Knowledge of MS Office software and scheduling and booking software experience preferred.
To apply, email resume to Rachel Ireland, Finance and Human Resources Manager, at Rachel@artscouncilfw.org.